Addition of capacity in litres
1) 6 litres + 2 litres = 8 litres.
2) 4 litres + 0 litres = 4 litres.
Add more numbers for practise.
Addition of capacity in word problems
Ann bought 12 litres of cooking oil. Her mother bought 6 litres of cooking oil. How many litres of oil do they have?
They have 18 litres of cooking oil.
- Dan used 4 litres to bathe and 6litres to wash. How many litres of water did he use altogether?
- Mother bought 20 litres of paraffin and her son bought 6 litres of paraffin. How many litres of paraffin did they buy altogether?
- James bought 15 litres of petrol in the morning and 3 litres of petrol in the afternoon. How many litres of petrol did he buy altogether?
4)James packed 4 litres of juice and his sister packed 3 litres of juice. How many litres of juice did they pack altogether?
- Tom drunk 7 litres of tea on Monday and 6 litres of tea on Tuesday. How many litres of tea did he drink in two days?
- A jerrycan holds 20 litres of water and a basin holds 20 litres of water. How many litres of water are they altogether?
- 10 litres of milk plus 5 litres milk equals
- What is 36 litres and 2 litres more?
- What is the total of 9 litres and 10 liters?
Subtraction of capacity
1)4 litres – 2 litres = ______litres
2)7 litres – 5 litres = ______ litres
3)8 litres – 2 litres = _____litres
Subtraction of capacity in word problems
- I bought 15litres of milk. I cooked 5litres of milk. How many litres of milk remained?
- Musa had 60litres of soda. He sold 2o of soda. How many litres of soda remained?
- I had 9litres of tomato sauce; I used 2 litres 0f tomato sauce. How many litres of tomato sauce remained?
- A shopkeeper had 42littres of cooking oil and sold 10 litres of cooking oil. How many litres of cooking oil remained?
- Ann had 6litres of milk and she gave away1litre of milk. How many litres of milk remained?
- Moses had 17 litres of juice and he gave away 12 litres of juice. How many litres of juice remained?
- A boy had 56 litres of soda and 12litres of soda poured. How many litres of soda were left?
- What is 14litres of water less 3 litres of water?
- Subtract 8litres from 68litres.
- 89litres of milk take-away 22litres of milk equals