What is System Configuration ?
The purposes of this program are:
- to set up the individual stations of the IGSS system (single user, server or operation stations)
- to enable the communication between IGSS and the data collection devices (typically PLCs) in the plant
- to configure the relevant communication drivers
With the System Configuration program you can:
· Define the station type and name of the individual stations in the system
· Include up to 8 drivers that can run simultaneously in IGSS
· Choose the relevant interface(s) for the driver
The typical workflow
To put System Configuration into a broader perspective, here is an outline of the typical workflow when you set up a multiuser system.
1. Create the new configuration in System Configuration.
2. In System Configuration, define the IGSS servers and operator stations.
3. Define the setup parameters for the servers.
4. Define the setup parameters for the operator stations.
5. Include the drivers you want to use and set up the individual nodes (PLCs).
6. Design and install the configuration in Definition.
7. Start and test the configuration (IGSS Starter and Supervise)
Key features and benefits
For a detailed list of features and benefits, click here.
The System Configuration program consists of the following key components:
Two DLLs for each driver supported. The driver DLL and the configuration DLL.
The Help file for the System Configuration program.
The driver-specific Help file with information about the individual drivers and error codes.
The Help file which describes how to use event-oriented communication with IGSS.
THIS LINK EXPLAINS MORE ABOUT IT
THIS VIDEO EXPLAINS MORE