Radio and Television.
Read, spell and use given words.
- live coverage
- country music
- talk show
- straight talk
Using: “ If I had ……… , I would ……”
(having money, buying a radio)
If I had money, I would buy a radio.
Read the passage and answer questions about it in full sentences.
Ref: MK book 7, page 127
1.According to the passage, what is the other name for a radio?
2.Who invented the radio?
3.How is a radio useful to the people?
4.Give two functions of the knob.
5.Why is an aerial important on a radio or a TV set?
6.How has the radio been improved upon over the years?
7.According to the passage, write down the different programmes you can hear on the radio.
8.Give a word or group of words to mean:
a) bulletin ………….
b) invention ………….
9.Suggest another title to this passage.
- Which organization carried out this survey?
- When was the survey carried out?
- What was the most popular radio?
- How many radio stations were included?
- Write CBS in full.
- Which radio station had the least number of listeners?
- What is the difference between the radio with the lowest and biggest number of listeners?
- According to you, which is your favorite radio station and why?
- Write programme in short.
- What do we call someone who conducts a programme on a radio?
Other Electronic Media.
a) Read, spell and use given words meaningfully.
- extension cable
- CD ROM
Using: Despite the fact/ Inspite of the
They did not switch off the TV. Their father told them to switch it off.
- Despite the fact that their father told them to switch off the TV, they didn’t.
- Inspite of the fact that their father told them to switch off the TV, they didn’t.
Use the following words to begin these sentences.
(a) Despite ……
- (b) Inspite …..
- I bought an expensive aerial but my TV doesn’t show clear pictures.
- Sarah reminded you to buy for her a DVD but you have not bough it.
- Moses took his radio to the mechanic to repair it but he never repaired it.
- The children were told by their parents to reduce the volume on the radio cassette but they never paid heed.
- There were many adverts about the programme but many people did not watch it.
- Sarah’s TV set is very new but it does not work effectively.