THE HEALING AT THE POOL CHAPTER 5: 1-18. (HEALING OF THE CRIPPLE)
- The event is reminiscent of the paralytic in mark.
- Jesus takes the initiative “DO YOU WANT TO BE HEALED”.
- The five porches represent the five law books (Torah). Implying that Jesus has come to fulfill the law. The story reflects the inadequacy of Judaism associated with the ritual water in the pool. It’s only Jesus who can heal the man by just a word.
- The number of years i.e. 38 when the man had been healed reflects the number of years the Jews suffered in the wilderness.
- The 38 years further show the seriousness of the disease.
- Faith in Jesus gradually grows because at first thee man didn’t know Jesus.
- Verse 17, it implies that God seems to work on Sabbath since he sustains life even on the Sabbath.
- It shows Jesus is the savior.
WATCH VIDEO FOR MORE INFORMATION
RAISING LAZARUS TO LIFE (John)
- The story implies that Jesus had family friends i.e. Mary and Martha
- It also implies that Jesus was a universal messiah who deals with all sorts of people.
- When he is told of Lazarus’s illness, Jesus takes no time which implies that he’s not pushed around by human demands.
- The event reveals the slow rate of understanding by the disciples.
- The four days in the tomb shows that Lazarus was dead and in just a comma so when Jesus raised him it’s a deal sign.
- Four days also can be connected to the three days Jesus spent in the tomb; therefore the sign here is a pointer of Jesus’ resurrection.
- Mary and Martha had strong faith in Jesus and yet they were just women.
- Jesus pointed out, am the resurrection and the life which implies the messiah ship.
In the story here there’s the essence of prayer thus Jesus prayed to the father and it shows that he is doing the will of his father. This incident there marked the climax of hostility towards Jesus by the phrase.
- There is fulfillment of scripture i.e. when Elijah raised the widow’s son.
- “UN tie him ……..” this implies that Jesus is the redeemer and savior he doesn’t abolish death but makes a gate way to internal life.
THIS VIDEO EXPLAINS MORE