WHAT I LIKE
- likes / dislikes
Read and pronounce the vocabulary correctly
Using the above vocabulary to form meaningful sentences
Activity 3: read loudly
- Kaboyo likes dancing.
- Amina likes reading stories.
- Your friend likes eating cakes.
- The matron likes cooking.
- Anne likes swimming.
Look at the table. Make eight correct sentences.
Loy and Ben
|green mangoes.meatfishplaying netball|
Using …………………likes ……………more than………….
- Magala likes driving. He likes riding a bicycle more.
Magala likes riding a bicycle more than driving.
- Anisha likes swimming. She likes skipping more.
Anisha likes skipping more than swimming.
HOW I FEEL
- ill, sick
Read and pronounce the vocabulary
Use the vocabulary to construct meaningful sentences.
Match the words in group A with those in group B to make correct sentences.
|I am sadHe is tiredThey are thirstyShe is happy|
They want to rest
|because||I am hungry.it is raining.it is hot.she has got a new dress.|
they are tired
Match the following sentences correctly.
|no more energy to work frightenedin need of a drinkannoyeda lot of heat|
in need of food
- Read and pronounce the vocabulary
Use the vocabulary to construct sentences.
- Match A with B
|A teacherA doctorA shopkeeperA farmer|
|treats sick peoplegrows cropsmends machinesteaches children|
- The table below shows information about people in john’s family. Use it to answer the questions in full sentences.
- In whose family has the information been got?
- How many people are mentioned in the table?
- How old is Kintu? ()
- leap year
- B. read and pronounce the vocabulary correctly
Use the vocabulary to construct sentences correctly
- Rewrite the following numbers in word.
- There are ____________ days in March. (31)
- ____________________hours make a day. (24)
- ________________months make a year. (12)
- ______________________ days make a year. (365)
- March is the _______________month of the year. (3rd)
- Complete the following sentences correctly.
- Wednesday comes after _______________________
- Tuesday is between ____________ and ___________
- _________________ is the first day of the week.
- If yesterday was Thursday, tomorrow will be _______________
- The fourth month of the year is __________________________
- Study the calendar below and answer the questions that follow in full sentences.
- What month is shown on the calendar?
- On which day did the month begin?
- How many days are in the month above?
- Which month comes after this one?
- When did the month end?
- What year is shown on the calendar?
- How many Sundays does this month have?
- In which month do people celebrate Christmas?
- Write the following abbreviations in full.
- a) Feb _________________________________
- b) Jan _________________________________
- c) Apr _________________________________
- d) Fri _________________________________
- e) Wed _________________________________
- f) Sat _________________________________
- How many days are there in a week?
- What is the first day of the week?
- Name the sixth month of year?