OUR SCHOOL AND NEIGHBOURHOOD
SUB_THEME: LOCATION SYMBOLS AND BENEFITS OF OUR SCHOOL.
look foot noon
book hook pool
moon fool tool
stool tooth broom
spoon food room
root soon wool
cook good zoo
- What is the name of your school?
- Whose book is this?
- The table is near the stool.
- Mummy cooks good food.
tooth take eight
tree today sight
tea stay night
try kite Peter
trap fight eat
stop right goat
- Today is my birth day.
- A young goat is a kid
- Peter is a clever boy.
- We come to school to learn.
5 It is not good to fight at school.
LOCATION OF OUR SCHOOL
A school is a place where we go to learn. Our school is Green hill Academy. It is found along Mbogo road on Kibuli hill. It is in Makindye division, Kampala district.
There are some small shops near our school. There are multiple industries which makes plastic things like chairs, cups, basins, pipes and water bottles. There are fuel tanks near the field.
- What is a school?
- What is the name of your school?
- Along which road is Green hill Academy?
- In which division is your school found?
- List some of the things made from the multiple industries?
- What is the passage about?
GUIDED COMPOSITION RELATED TO PEOPLE AT SCHOOL.
Fill in correctly using these words.
|Mr. John Mugisha, Pre-Primary, middle section, Mrs. Juliet Namukasa, Infant section, Cream hill Academy, upper section, P. 1 Mr. David Kiwanuka|
______________ is the name of our school. It has a fence around it with the five gates in different places. The Primary section has the following sections; the _________, _______, and _____________. The headmaster of our is ___________, the deputy headmaster of our school is ______________
The Rector of our school is ___________. The infant section is made up of Nursery, ______________, __________, and P.2. The middle section is from P.3 to P. 4 and the upper section is from Primary five to seven.
What is a school?
A school is a place where people go to learn.
A story about our school
Our school is Vision for Africa Primary School. It is located along Kayunga road in a small trading centre called Kiyunga.
At our school, we have a canteen inside and a tailoring workshop where our school uniforms are made.
Our school has many buildings. There are classrooms, dormitories, offices and the main hall.
- What is the name of our school?
- Where is your school found?
- What is the nearest trading centre to your school?
- Name four buildings found in your school.
Important things near our school.
Write down four important things near our school
- Police station
- A factory
- A vocation school
- How many important places are near our school?
- Name some important places near our school.
- Why do we need a church or mosque?
- Which number is the police station in the picture?
- Where do we go when we are sick?
- My grandmother will go to the…………………..or market if she wants to buy things.
Symbols in our school
- School uniform
- School budge
- School address
- School prayer
- School anthem
- School signpost
- School flag
- Draw the school symbols
- Name four symbols of your school
Importance of school symbols
- The school uniform makes children look smart and different.
- The school prayer unites us and teachers to respect God and one another.
- The school motto encourages us to work hard.
- The budge helps people to know the children of our school.
NB: write your school motto
Structures in our school
- Mention any seven school buildings
Fill the missing sound
Classr _ _ ms
Offi _ _ s
lib _ ary
st _ res
t _ _ lets
ba _ _ rooms
dorm _ tories
Importance of building in your school
- Some buildings are used for protection like dormitories, teacher’s quarters,
- Pupils learn from the classrooms
- Leaders of the school do their work in the offices
- School books are kept in the library
- Meals are prepared in the kitchen.
- Stores keep things like food, scholastic materials etc
- Where are the meals prepared from?
- Where do we keep school books?
- Mention three offices in your school.
People who work in our school
Senior woman teacher
Match the people to their work.
Secretary keeps security
Teacher cares for the girl child
Driver types of examinations/letters
Guard drives the school van
Matron prepares school meals
Cook cares for boarding children
School rules and regulations
They govern the whole school by all pupils
- Every child should wear a school uniform
- Listen attentively
- Keep school property safe
- Follow the walkways
- Run to class after the bell has rung.
- Write down three school rules and regulations.
- What is the official language used at school?
- Why should pupils wear school uniform?
Make correct sentences from the table
|A school secretary|
A school teacher
A senior woman teacher
|Keeps security in the school|
Cares for girl children
Drives the school van
Prepares school meals
Heads the school
Keeps children in dormitories
How the neighbourhood/community benefit from school
- School provides education
- Provides facilities for ceremonies like furniture
- A school buys food for the community
- The school provides employment like class teachers
- Provides security
A community is a group of people living or working together.
How the school benefits from the community/neighbourhood
- The community provide labour
- Provide security to the school
- Provide food for the school
- Provide land for the school construction
- Provide medicine
Causes of problems between school and the neighbourhood or community
- Theft: some neighbours steal the school property
- Quarrels: some neighbours quarrel with the school workers
- Fights: some neighbours fight with the school workers
- Trespass: some neighbours trespass through the school [remises
- Languages: some neighbours use bad language to members in the school
Ways of preventing problems between the school and the neighbourhood
- The school and neighbourhood should respect each other
- They should observe the rules and regulations.
- The neighbours should be co-operative to the school workers.
- They should use friendly language.
Tick three (3) problems between the school and the neighbourhood.
- The community provides food:
- Some community members quarrel with the school workers.
- Some community members fight with the