Personal hygiene is the way we keep our bodies clean.
It is the general cleanliness of the body.
Importance of personal hygiene.
- It controls the spread of germs.
- It prevents bad body smell.
- It prevents skin diseases
- It prevents teeth diseases
- It prevents lice, mites and ticks.
WATCH THE CLIP BELOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PERSONAL HYGIENE
Ways of keeping good personal hygiene.
- Bathing every day
- Cutting finger and toe nails short
- Brushing teeth every day
- Washing hands after visiting the toilet or latrines.
- Washing hands after a physical task like digging, picking rubbish, etc.
- Washing hands before eating food.
- Washing clothes regularly
- Washing beddings regularly
- Combing hair daily.
- Ironing clothes and beddings.
Items used to keep the body clean
- Clean water
- Tooth brush
- Razor blade
- Tooth paste
Dangers of poor personal hygiene.
The body smells bad.
Jiggers, mites, ticks and lice can breed and affect the body.
The teeth may develop tooth decay.
Diarrhea diseases can spread easily.
Accidental injuries from long finger nails to self or others.
Diseases brought by poor personal hygiene.
DISEASES LIKE CHOLERA ARE A RESULT OF BAD PERSONAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL HYGIENE