Uses of plants in our environment
a) Some plants in our environment give us;
Other plants give us shade, flowers, etc
Ref: Mk. Integrated Sci. b k .1 page 19.
Fountain Pr. Sci .book 1 page 23.
Parts of a plant: (This should be done practically to help children identify parts of a plant.)
There are three main parts of plant.
Other parts of a plant are;
flowers, fruits, bud and branches
Draw a plant and name the parts.
The parts we eat on different plants
- Leaves like cabbage, dodo, nakati, ebbuga
- Roots like cassava, carrots
- Stems like sugarcanes, yams
- Fruits like mangoes, oranges, apples, etc
Importance of plants
- Source of oxygen.
- Some plants provide us with food.
- Some plants provide us with building materials.
- Some plants provide us with local medicine, fire wood, charcoal, etc
Importance of animals
- Some animals provide us with food.
- Some animals provide us with transport.
- Some animals protect our homes.
- Some animals are kept as pets. Mk integrated Sci bk 1 pg 20.
Non living things in our environment
Non living things are the things which do not have life.
Examples of non living things
hills, mountains, land, cups, plates, tables, etc
Draw and name any three non living things
Importance / uses of non-living things in the environment
Air; we breathe it in to support life and other things
Water; we drink it, we bathe it