- Respiration is the way the body uses oxygen to break down food in order to produce energy.
- Oxygen is used for respiration
- Respiration takes place in the lungs.
- The lungs.
- The nose
- Wind pipe (trachea)
The process of respiration
- The air enters into the body through the nose.
- The air passes through the wind pipe to the lungs.
- In the lungs oxygen joins the blood stream
- The digested food in the stream is then broken down by the oxygen.
NB; breathing is the movement of air in and out of the nose.
Importance of respiration.
- It provides energy to the body
- It helps to remove the waste carbon dioxide from the body.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO LEARN ABOUT THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
- Blood circulation is the movement of blood throughout the body.
- Blood moves through blood vessels in the body.
Organs of blood circulation.
- The heart
- The lungs
- The blood vessels
The process of blood circulation.
- The blood is pumped from the heart to the lungs to pick oxygen.
- The blood flows back to the heart
- The blood is then pumped to all other parts of the body through the blood vessels
- The blood without oxygen flows back to the heart.
Importance of blood circulation
- It transports food nutrients throughout the body.
- It transports waste products to their excretory organs.
- It helps to distributes heat in the body.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT BLOOD CIRCULATORY