What are sacraments?
These are formal expressions of spiritual reality of grace
EXAMPLES OF SCRAMENTS PERFORMED AMONG THE CHRISTIAN FAMILY
- Holy Communion /Eucharist
- Holy matrimony
- Anointing of the sick
- Ordination/holy order
It is the sacrament that brings people into God’s family
TYPES OF BAPTISM
- Baptism by water
- Baptism by the Holy Spirit
- It is the sacrament which strengthens our faith
- For only catholic
- Confirmation is the second sacrament.
HOLY COMMUNION OR EUCHARST
- It is the sacrament which reminds us the body and blood of Jesus Christ
- Bread represents the body of Jesus.
- Wine represents the blood of Jesus
- Name the sacrament that brings people into God’s family.
- List the two types of baptism.
- Which sacrament reminds us of the body and blood of Jesus Christ?
- What does the bread that people take during Holy Communion represent?
CONDITIONS TO BE FULFILLED BEFORE RECEIVING HOLY COMMUNION
- One must be confirmed
- One must have repented
It is the sacrament which is received by people who repent.
HOLY ORDER /ORDINATION
It is the sacrament which is received by priests
ANOINTING OF THE SICK
The sacrament is received by ill people so as to pre pare them for eternal life.
- Name the sacraments received by the following people;
a) Those who repent?
b) Those who have become priests?
c) Those that are sick?