–Meaning: A set is a collection of well defined members.
– Sorting / identifying sets practically
– Forming sets e.g.
Activity: 1. Name the sets drawn.
Draw the sets given.
- counting objects
- comparing objects
1. How many members has set A?
Set A has 4 members.
2.How many members has set B?
Set B has 6 members.
3. Which set has more members?
Set B has more members.
4. Which set has less (fewer) members?
Set A has less (fewer) members than set B.
An empty set
– Meaning: An empty set is a set without members.
E.g. A set of lions in Greenhill Academy
A set of boys with 4 heads each. Etc….
The concept of an empty set
Definition – An empty set is without members(elements)
Examples of an empty set:
A set of cups dancing
A set of girls with 5 legs
A set of tables walking
Drawing, adding and counting. E.g.A set of goats eating grass.________
- Drawing, adding and counting. E.g.