Talents and resources(use the parable of three servants Matt. 25:14-30)
- A talent is a natural ability to do something well.
Examples of talents
- Playing football/net ball, etc
Ways of identifying talents:
- Through practice.
- Through the guidance of other people.
- Through praying.
Using available resources to serve God and fellow human beings (Gen 1:26-30)
The following are ways of using resources well.
- For making communication better
- For making machines used for building roads, houses, etc
- For making medicine used to cure diseases.
- People have used resources to make feeding better
- Man has used resources for making education better.
Uses of resources that break God’s commandments:
- For making maintenance to carry out abortion.
- For making deadly weapons of mass destruction.
- For disputing God’s existence.
- For making poisonous chemicals to poison other people.
Conscience: (John 16:13, 3:20-21)
Conscience is a feeling that tells a person whether what he/she is going to do is right or wrong.
How the Holy Spirit helps us through our conscience.
- Holy Spirit reveals the truth to our conscience.
Money is a resource
- Money is a medium of exchange.
- It is one of the resources people have.
- People need to use it well in order to benefit from it and other people.
How people get money
- As gifts
Uses of money which do not spoil our relationship with God:
Wrong ways of getting money
The following are some of good uses of money: (Prov 11:24-25, 28:18, 29:5)
- To pay education services.
- To pay taxes.
- To buy clothes
- To pay for health services.
- To pay for amenities.
- To buy furniture.
- To pay tithe.
Below are the bad ways of dependence.
- To buy drugs of dependence.
- To bribe others.
- To buy prostitutes.
- To hire other people to commit murder.
Effects of too much love for money.
Time as a resource:
- It is one of the limited resources we have on this earth.
- Therefore, there is need to use it well in order to benefit from it.
- People do different types of work.
- In order to do work properly, we need a time table.
Points to remember when using time:
- Do the right at the right time
- Time wasted will never be gained.
- Time is money.
- There is time for work and time for rest.
- Too much work or leisure for us is not good.
- Respect your timetable.
Bad ways of using time:
- Over sleeping
- Doing work slowly
- Spending too much time in leisure.