- What are customs?
Customs are traditional practices in a society.
- Examples of traditional customs in our society
- Naming twins.
- Bowing down before kings.
- Paying bride price.
- Having last funeral rites.
- Welcoming visitors at home.
- People who teach us customs include:
- Grand parents
- What term is used to mean the traditional practices of a society?
- Name two traditions among the Baganda
- Draw and colour yourself performing any one custom at home.
Importance of customs in our society
- Creates friendship
- Sign of respect
- Makes people feel happy.
(b) Paying bride price/wealth;
- Sign of thanks you to the girl’s family.
- Sign of responsibility.
- To stabilize marriage.
(c) Naming children;
- For identification
- Creates unity among clan members.
(d) Welcoming visitors;
- To show respect.
- To create friendship.
(e) Mourning for the dead;
- Way of showing sorrow.
- Sign of love for the dead.
- Name any two customs at school.
- Why we greet one another?
- What do you do when you receive a visitor?