Welcome to Yaaka Digital Network.Join the Yaaka Digital Network. Get...
Multimedia Technology Part 1
In this course, we will study the basics of the multimedia system and of the different elements of the multimedia system. The theories of Authoring systems, its tools and development areas have also been discussed in this course. This course also considers the concept of Video
Conferencing and the protocols in Multimedia such as the real time transfer protocol, session control protocol etc. It goes beyond the traditional access network processes to discuss technological developments such as Cable Television, Digital Subscriber lines, digital television etc.
The overall aims of this course are to introduce you to the history and components of the Multimedia Technology. The fundamentals of Digital audio, video, images and colours are equally discussed.
There are five modules in this course; each module consists of at least 4 units of
topics that you are expected to complete in 2 hours. The five modules and their units are listed below.
What You will Learn in this Course
The overall aims and objectives of this course are to provide guidance on what you should be achieving in the course of your studies. Each unit also has its own unit objectives which state specifically what you should achieve in the corresponding unit. To evaluate your progress continuously, you are expected to refer to the overall course aims and objectives as well as the corresponding unit objectives upon the completion of each.
- The overall aims and objectives of this course will help you to:
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of the underlying concepts and theories of the Multimedia System.
- To outline and critically analyze the different elements of the Multimedia System.
- Develop your competence in understanding the concept and developing applications of Multimedia Technology.
- Provide the necessary details on how multimedia data are represented, stored, compressed and used;
It is pertinent to note that each unit has precise objectives. Students should learn them carefully before proceeding to subsequent units. Therefore, it may be useful to refer to these objectives in the course of your study of the unit to assess your progress. You should always look at the unit objectives after completing a unit. In this way, you can be sure that you have done what is required of you by the end of the unit. However, below are overall objectives of this course. On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the history of Multimedia
- Give a concise definition of Multimedia
- Identify the desired features of the Multimedia System
- Explain the term “Multimedia Hardware ”
- Outline the types of Multimedia Hardware.
- Explain what the Software is
- State the significance of a software in Multimedia System
- Explain the concept of Digital Audio
- Identify the difference between a digital and analogue audio system
- Explain the principles of Video compression
- Identify ways to create digital images
- Explain the Basics of Color
- Discover the benefits and challenges of using Colors
- Define the term Authoring System
- Outline and state the features of an Asynchronous Transfer Mode(ATM)
- Describe the Routing process
- Explain the concept of Video Conferencing
- Describe the Internet Telephony Service and the Computer Telephony Integration
- Discuss the concept and features of a Digital Subscriber Lines
Working through this Course
We designed this course in a systematic way, so you need to work through it from Module one, Unit 1 through to Module five, Unit four. This will enable you appreciate the course better.
For this course, you will require the following materials:
1) The course guide :
2) Study units which are twenty-one (21) in number
3) Textbooks recommended at the end of the units and
4) The presentation schedule
|UNIT 4 ATM – Multimedia Systems Technology||00:40:00|
|UNIT 3 MULTIMEDIA COMMUNICATIONS – Multimedia Systems Technology||00:40:00|
|UNIT 2 AUTHORING SYSTEM – Multimedia Systems Technology||00:40:00|
|UNIT 1 MULTIMEDIA COMPRESSION – Multimedia Systems Technology||00:40:00|
|UNIT 4 COLOUR -Elements of multimedia||00:40:00|
|UNIT 3 IMAGE-Elements of multimedia||00:00:00|
|UNIT 2 VIDEO-Elements of multimedia||00:40:00|
|Unit 1 DIGITAL AUDIO-Elements of multimedia||00:00:00|
|UNIT 5 NETWORK-Introduction to Multimedia Technology||00:50:00|
|UNIT 4 SERVER COMPUTER-Introduction to Multimedia Technology||00:40:00|
|UNIT 3 MULTIMEDIA SOFTWARE-Introduction to Multimedia Technology||00:40:00|
|UNIT 2 MULTIMEDIA HARDWARE-Introduction to Multimedia Technology||00:00:00|
|UNIT 1 OVERVIEW OF MULTIMEDIA TECHNOLOGY-Introduction to Multimedia Technology||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.