Customs and practices in the traditional society.
This is the acceptable way of doing things in a society.
Customs are divided into three main groups namely;
- Worship Practices
A practice: This is what is expected o be done in a society. Examples of traditional practices and customs include;-
- washing hands before eating.
- Child naming
- baptizing people
- Kneeling down while greeting
- Funeral rites
- Giving sacrifices
- Burying the dead
- Paying bride price.
- Welcoming visitors
Importance of customs and practices.
- They teach responsibility.
- They help people to be gentle.
- They instill good behavior and morals
- They promote culture unity in an area.
- They lead to development.
- Giving offertories – confirmation
- Holy Communion
Reference: Acts 2:44 – 46
John 2:1-12 (The wedding at Cana)
The importance of Christian practices.
- They strengthen people’s faith
- They create a good relationship between God and people.
- They create blessings.
- They make God happy.