Prophet / Messenger
- A prophet is a person who recieves messengers or instructions directly from Allah.
Some of the prophets of Allah and their duties
- He was the last prophet in Islam
- He received the holy Quran from Allah.
- He received the Tauret
- He delivered (led) Allah’s people from slavery (deliverance)
- He received the Injir from Allah
- Accomplished the prophetic mission.
- He was the first prophet in Islam
- Took part in creation.
- He built the Kaaba.
- Hold strong faith in God.
Ismael Sulaiman (wisdom)
Yahaya Ayub (Patience)
Duties of prophets
- Preach Islam in public
- warn people aganst doing evil.
- Bring messages from Allah to people.
Qualities of a prophet
- Trust worthy and sound mind
- Good behaviour
- Protected from evil actions
- Could do miracles by the grace of Allah.
Dress for prayer.
- Before a moslem goes for prayers, the following should be observed.
- The place must be free from dust.
- Cover all private parts (man- narvel to knees, ladies whole body except palms and face)
- Cleanliness of the dress.
Conditions that can spoil salat
Swallah time table
|Subhi (fajr)||5:00am – 6:30am||2|
|Dhur (zuhr)||1:00pm – 4:00pm||4|
|Magrib||Sunset – 7:30am||3|
|Isha||8:00pm – midnight||4|
Conditions one must fulfill before perfoming prayer.
- Must have intentions
- Must face the Kaaba
- Must pray from a clean place.
- Dress decently
- Must get ablution.
During prayers, women are separated from men to avoid temptations.
Impurities in Islam
These are unclean things which should not be eaten or be cleaned from bodies and dress.
Examples of impurities
- nose of a dog
Prophet forbed muslims from (making) takking alcohol or be involved in any activity involving alcohol.
Importance of worship in Islam (Prayer)
- To fulfill one of the pilars of Islam
- To get rewards
- To be forgiven
- To strengthen one’s fourth
To renew our faith
HISTORY OF ISLAM
Early converts in Islam
A convert is a person who has turned to another religion.
The first people to believe in Muhammed’s message were:-
Wife of prophet Muhammed.
First woman to accept Islam.
- Zaid Ibin Hadith
He was the first slave to accept Islam
He was a close friend to Muhammed
First man to be converted to Islam.
- Abu – bin Abufahib
He was the first convert among the youth
The suffering of the prophet and the early converts to Islam.
- Prophet Muhammed told the Meccans to worship Allah only.
- He preached against evil practices.
- The people of Mecca were not happy with his teaching.
- As a result, the people of Mecca tried to stop Muhammed from spreading Islam.
Prophet Muhammed and his followers underwent the following sufffering.
- Mud and stones were theown to Muhammed.
- Thorns were laid in their path.
- Some new converts were beaten up.
- They tried to kill Muhammed.
Effects of the suffering of Muhammed and his followers.
Wars broke out.
- Some muslims left Mecca and went to another country. (Ethiopia)
- Muhammed and his followers left Mecca and settled in Medina.
Reasons why the Meccans rejected Islam
- Muhammed never respected their gods.
- Meccan chiefs feared that Islam would reduce their respect.
- Traders feared to lose support from Idol worshippers who used to buy their goods.
- Slave masters feared to be equal to their slaves as Islam preached equality of people.
Lessons we learn from the suffering of prophet
- Muhammed and the early converts.
- One must be ready to face problems in order to spread Islam.
- People who believe in Allah will always succeed.
- We sould never give up our struggle to spread the word of Allah.