- They are messengers of God.
Examples of prophets
- Elijah – Preached trust and true worship
- Samuel – Anointed David as a king of Israel
- Amos – Preached Justice, repentance and God’s judgement
- John the Baptist – Preached repentance in preparation for the coming of the messiah.
- Isaiah- preached about the coming of the messiah.
- Hosea – Preached forgiveness and hope.
- Jeremiah – Preached hope for the future and new covenant.
- Jonah – Preached repentance to the people of Nineveh.
- Joel – Preached repentance to the people of Judah.
- Micah – Preached against oppression of the poor.
- Malachi – Encouraged people to give offerings to God.
- Elisha – Preached against injustice, immorality and misuse of power.
Leaders/kings in Israel;
- Samson – His power was in his long hair
– He became powerless after trimming his hair.
- Samuel – Anointed Saul and David as kings.
- Saul – He was the first kin of Israel
– disobeyed God.
- David – Defeated all enemies of Israel
– Wrote the book of Psalms
– He killed the giant of Philistines called Goliath.
– Committed adultery with Uriah’s wife called Bathsheba.
- Solomon – Prayed to God for wisdom to rule Israel.
Mountains and events that happened on them:
- Ararat :- Where Noah’s ark rested after the floods.
- Moriah – Where Abraham took Isaac to be sacrificed
- Sinai – Where God gave Moses Ten Commandments.
- Nebo – Where Elijah held a contest with the prophets of Baal.
- Tabor – where Jesus shone brightly.
- His shinning is called transfiguration.
- The prophets who were with him were Elijah and Moses
- The apostles who were with Jesus are John, Peter and James
- Olives – Where Jesus ascended into heaven.