Illustration of a valley ball pitch.
Service and returns in volley ball include;
THIS VIDEO GIVES THE BASICS OF A VOLLEYBALL GAME
This is a racket game which can be played by either singles or doubles.
Since the game involves stretching, taming and reacting quickly ,clothing must be strictly allowing easy movement.
Shoes should be light and designed for flexibility and grip on the court.
- Badminton is played using rackets to hit a shuttle cork over a net from one side of the court to the other.
- The aim is to hit shuttle over the net to a place where the opponent can not reach it or force the opponent to hit it out of the court.
- Due to lightness of the shuttle cork that can easily be blown a way, the gamed is largely in doors.
- Before the start of the game, at loss is usually carried out.
The winner of the loss has the following choices
– Select ends
– Choose to serve or receive.
-Telling opponent to choose.
It is the act of putting the shuttle cork to play.
Rules of service.
- The service is made diagonal over the net from the opposite service court.
- The server must wait till the receiver is ready
- The server must stand with in the limit of his service court.
- Server must have some part of both feet stationed on the ground till the service is delivered.
- Server must ensure that the shuttle cork is at the instant of being hit is below the wrist of that the head of the racket is below any hand of the racket hand.
- Ensure that the initial point of contact is on the base of the shuttle cork.
- The server must make any fault with the intention of deceiving the opponent before or during the service.
- After a service , the shuttle cork must be returned using any part of the racket which hits any part of he shuttle before it touches the ground.
- The players keep on returning the shuttle cork over the net until a foul is committed which ends the rally.
- At the end of the rally if the server loses service, there is a change of service , no point is gained if the receiver loses the server wins a point and continues with service.
- The first service is often taken from the right service court , when the server’s score is even.
- The service is taken from right service court.
- When the server’s score is odd, the service is taken from the left service court.
- When the score is Zero, it is called Love.
- The un pure mentions both the scores of the players but mentions servers of the first.
The first player in males singles, female singles, Double for both male and female winning 7 points wins the game.
A match is based on 3 games i.e a player or a pair of players (In case of doubles) who wins to of the 3 games wins the match.
- When a player serves when one foot is lifted from the Ground.
- When a server hits the shuttle cork when the head of the racket is above the arm or is in line with the hand.
- When the server doesn’t hit the shuttle at the base.
- When the shuttle cork lands on the wrong service court taking the serve from the wrong service court.
- When the server hits the shuttle cork above the waist level.
- Missing the shuttle completely.
- General the shuttle completely.
General faults in Badminton.
- Failing to return the shuttle cork over the net into the opponent court.
- Double hitting the shuttle
- Carrying the shuttle
- Touching the racket or any other part with our body.
- Playing shuttle before it crosses.
- Touching the shuttle with any part of your clothing.
The clear stroke.
- The stoke is mainly used in singles.
- The shuttle should be hit when it’s directly above the player.
- An effective clear has a high and path, the shuttle cork falls straight or perpendicular to the floor near the base line.
The main aims are;
- To move the opponent deep into the back court.
- To force the opponent to employ a weak return.
- To create ample t regain the center court position.
VIDEO BELOW GIVES BASICS ABOUT THE GAME