This Course is for Senior Six Computer Studies which is taught in school to students in Advanced Level.
- As computers get involved in almost all aspects of our lives, there are quite a number of emerging issues that need extra attention. Such emerging issues range from computer system features, environmental concerns, legal and ethical issues, system security and users of computer applications.
- Therefore, it is increasingly becoming important that students of ICT learn how to safeguard their computer systems, uphold ethical values while using ICT systems as they explore emerging technologies.
- Learning Outcome: The learner should be able to explain and discuss the emerging issues, computer security and privacy issues.
Students get to know how to work with Data Communication, Spreadsheets, Databases and ICT ethical issues.Download and install the following softwares that we shall be using while studying this course.
- Microsoft Office 2010 https://drive.google.com/file/d/18p9ZHoxhRRFy01BfmLemjccMiFhRowbd/view?usp=sharing
- Support Files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iU5k9hy4E-mEp1hp-dOjOAOoVd03Dz6z?usp=sharing
- For zipping and unzipping use this software (Winrar) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10QCneHc39W-xZJwyK6NvmwbcY62rajNS?usp=sharing
- CS6: Data Communication and Networking FREE 1 year
- CS6: Electronic Publication FREE Unlimited
Communication is one of the fundamental aspects of life. In this regard, electronic communication means have been developed on top of the traditional manual and mechanical modes of communication for individuals and organisations to communicate more effectively. A person can now communicate through contemporary media like mobile phones and over the internet.It is therefore important that learners are introduced to basic data communication and ICT networking infrastructure and services in order to come to terms with contemporary data communication facilities.Learning Outcome: The learner should develop basic skills, knowledge and expertise in the use of contemporary communication facilities like computers, mobile telephones, the Internet, among others. CS6: Assignment on Data Communication and Networking 112:01 Electronic publishing has a history of being used to describe the development of new forms of production, distribution, and user interaction in regard to computer-based production of text and other interactive media. Electronic publishing enables professional designers to create sophisticated documents that contain text graphics and many colours. It is ideal for the production of high quality colour documents such as textbooks, corporate newsletters, marketing literature (adverts), product catalogues and annual reports, and being able to share them over the Internet.Learning Outcome: The learner should be able to design a brochure, business card, flyer or banner for a given function. CS6: Assignment on Electronic Publication 300:05
- CS6: Electronic Spreadsheets II Unlimited
- CS6: Databases Unlimited
- CS6: System Security, ICT Ethical Issues and Emerging Technologies Unlimited