Learners from Lower Primary to Upper Secondary participated in a virtual spelling bee contest organised by Yaaka Digital Network on 14th August 2021. Mr Byarugaba Jonah, a teacher of English and Chief Judge of the contest outlined the key guidelines learners were to follow in preparation for the Spelling Bee.
Spelling Bee Guidelines
Objectives of the Spelling Bee Contest
- To improve the reading culture of students
- To promote learning of new concepts and develop correct English pronunciation and usage.
- To gradually build articulation and self confidence among learners.
- To contribute to the development of children’s future life skills such as teamwork, critical thinking and presentation
- To inculcate a spirit of cooperation and oneness among stakeholders in our region.
Panel of Judges
Word Interpreter, kakuba Emmanuel Time keeper, Jane Ssemakula Ndibarekera
Winners and runners up
- Keren Happuch, winner Upper Secondary
- Kobusingye Happy, winner Lower Primary
- Kristen Mutesi Saad, winner Lower Secondary
- Lynette Martha Nabalayo, runner up Upper Primary
- Munguchi Manuella, runner up Lower Primary
- Shalom Babirye Jayne Saad, winner Upper Primary
- Shania Tumwesigye, winner Lower Secondary
- Vitalis Atiang, runner up Upper Secondary
Each winner and runner up was gifted with a cash prize and certificate too.