The Digital Pedagogy Skills Course is offering practical digital skills to teachers, lecturers, teaching professionals and trainers of trainees in …
The Digital Pedagogy Skills Course is offering practical digital skills to teachers, lecturers, teaching professionals and trainers of trainees in facilitating digital learning.This course will help teachers and all educators in the purposeful application of new technologies to enhance teaching and learning using ICTs.It will help you as a teacher transform how you approach and think about teaching using available ICT for education tools in order to amplify learning and develop your own digital learning materials, improve your content access & interactivity while keeping your value in the education cycle at the top level.New ‘Digital’ Pedagogies have emerged which have shifted the focus of teaching away from teaching to learning, content delivery to interaction, face-to-face towards an online, interactive, constructionist pedagogy, which can be led by the student, as much as the teacher.
This Digital Pedagogy Skills Course will inspire you as a teacher to develop the mind-set, skills and knowledge to create digital hybrid courses rich with digital content for subjects you are already qualified in, as well as student engagement and mentoring suitable for the 21st century learner- with good pedagogical considerations.This self paced learning course (also offered in class at Makerere University Department of Journalism and Communication) equips teachers/instructors for better provision of relevant content in video, audio, graphics, animations and or relevant virtual reality that will make teaching and learning of related content interactive and interesting among the students.The course makes a case for adoption of education technologies and new ways of teaching for better learning experiences and outcomes.At the end of the course, you will get a Certificate in Digital Pedagogy Skills from Makerere University if you obtain the necessary pass mark of 60% in the assignments, tests and project.You are required to produce a multimedia interactive course/project to be used by your respective school or institution or students you intendt to teach and or project website.
ObjectivesThrough interactive sessions we have prepared, we expect to equip and inspire you to be knowledgeable and capable at delivering beneficial digital learning experiences i.e.
- Inspire you towards new technology supported pedagogies of your subjects/ courses/ classes.
- Help you learn to use available digital tools to access and provide digital learning materials and learning approaches that bring out the best in your learners.
- Give you practical knowledge and skills to develop and produce interactive multimedia content (in text, video, audio, graphics, animations and relevant virtual reality) suitable for digital learning in the class room, online, on computer or mobile.
- Give you a platform to learn from fellow educators, and support each other to learn and share experiences as you implement digital teaching and learning.
- Equip you with skills and knowledge to deliver better learning experiences & education outcomes, as well as supporting continuous learning anytime anywhere.
- DP: The urgency of digital pedagogy training FREE 04:00:00
- DP: How is Digital Pedagogy different? 04:00:00
- DP: Becoming a Master of Digital Pedagogy and online learning 04:00:00
- DP: 21st Century Education and Learning 04:00:00
- DP: Tools for supporting Digital Learning 00:00:00
- Text To Speech/Speech To Text Tools and Software Unlimited
- DP: Collaborative Digital Content Development Tools 04:00:00
- DP: Digital Pedagogy Terms and Platforms 4 days
- DP: Multimedia packaging and publishing practice and tools 4 days
- DP: Digital photography and imaging for content development 04:00:00
- DIG: Tools for creating winning graphics 04:30:00
- DP: Audio production online and mobile 00:00:00
- DP: Digital Video Production for learning online and mobile 00:00:00
- DP: Website Design Basics and content management systems 4 days
- DP: Creating and running successful blogs 00:00:00
- DP: Guide to producing effective educational videos 00:00:00
- DP: Internet search strategies for relevant course content 04:00:00