The course will build toward students' creation of a feasibility plan for a new media business – one that they might actually implement after graduation, or one that they might aspire to. The business plan might be a non-profit, a for-profit or a hybrid. Learners will also keep class blogs tracking developments in the entrepreneurial journalism.
Course Duration: One month (4 hours a day, 5 days a week, 3 weeks of remote support).
- NME: Introduction to revenue mode for media consumption FREE 02:00:00
- NME: A classic case of disruption FREE 03:00:00
- NME: Digital products and their business models Unlimited
- NME: Television and video on demand Unlimited
- NME: Community news and citizen reporting Unlimited
- NME: The social media revolution Unlimited
- NME: Basics of digital enterprises Unlimited
- NME: The mobile revolution Unlimited
- NME: New practices, models and ethics of journalism Unlimited
- NME: The non-profit emerges as an alternative Unlimited
- NME: The sprawling world of startups Unlimited
- NME: Old media that still works Unlimited
- NME: Crowd funding- best practices Unlimited